Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Egg-less Protein Powder Mug Cake

I went to make a mug cake, and SURPRISE! No eggs. Oops. I had already mixed the dry ingredients, so what was a girl to do? Improvise of course!!!

I added half a banana instead of an egg and crossed my fingers, hoping for the best Seriously. I had no idea if this was going to work, but I figured even if it was a ooey gooey mess, I'd still eat it. (P.S. I tasted the "batter" before I microwaved it, and it tasted like brownie batter. So if you want edible brownie batter, just skip the microwave and the baking powder and you're good to go!)

Anyway, here are the ingredients!


  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use Beachbody performance) 
  • 1 tsp. baking powder 
  • pinch of salt 
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tbsp. milk


mix the dry ingredients first and then mash in the banana and milk. Mix well until it has a cake-batter consistency. Microwave in a mug (microwave safe of course) for 1:45 to 2 minutes. Cut around the edges with a butter knife and it should pop right out onto a plate. Top with peanut butter if you want "frosting".










I think I like it better than the version made with egg!!! It turned out so good, I *may* have made another one out of the other half banana. *cough cough*

Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment