Friday, December 11, 2015

Half Marathon tomorrow!!!!

Tomorrow I am running the "Lady of the Mountain" half-marathon!!! This will be my second half-marathon. My first was the "Run then Wine" half-marathon and they mapped it wrong and we ran almost a mile longer than we should have!!! Not cool! So for this half, I'm not worried about a particular goal time, I just want to finish and set a benchmark for future races.

I mostly signed up for this so I would have something to keep my mind off of waiting for results from the Officer training school board. I applied to Air Force Officer Training School in September and I've been waiting ever since to find out if I made it in!!! I *should* find out on the 18th!

Meanwhile, I need to keep working on fitness and just stay busy. It could be months before I leave for training so I need to keep working on mental and physical preparation.

I'll post tomorrow what my results are, I'm so excited and nervous!!! It's apparently a really hilly run, so its going to be a tough one!!!

Wish me luck!!!

Is it sad that I'm particularly excited to go back to my normal fitness routine? Today is rest day number 3 because I wanted to make sure I didn't overdo it. I still walked a lot and did normal activities, just no crazy strength or intense cardio.

I'm excited to start Hammer and Chisel soon. I need it!!! I especially need the chisel, haha, I have a lot of muscle under this flab, but the last bit of flab needs to go!!!

More to come, stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment