Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday Motivation, a.k.a. A swift kick in the pants

I have been majorly busy. Like.... I don't even know how to think straight, I'm exhausted and worn out to the point that I'm finally coming down with what I refer to as "kid plague".... the string of illnesses you get when you work with kids.

I am willing to bet that most of us feel like that sometimes, if not almost all the time. Life is so busy and crazy and full of events that we find it hard to find "me" time and focus on what we NEED for ourselves and our sanity.

I've been reading, "You Are A Badass" by Jen Sincero and it is AMAZING. Pure gold for anyone who is needing a kick in the pants and some extra motivation.

You see, if we aren't where we want to be or need to be, we should be doing something each day to bring us closer. You need to just put one foot in front of the other and keep going.

I don't know for SURE what my absolute calling is in life. However.... I do know:

  • I need to make a living wage that earns me financial stability and the ability to pay off my student loans
  • I need to make a difference in other people's lives 
  • I need to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone
  • I need to be able to use my creativity in some way, shape or form
I'm not gonna lie. My current job just isn't what I need. It isn't what I want. It doesn't take care of those at all. I didn't go to school to be a teacher and I feel so out of place right now. Like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. Some people are so good at what I do, but I'm just not. And that's ok. 

However, I'm going to let you in on a little secret! The ONLY way that I'll get to where I want to be, is if I make the most of where I'm at RIGHT NOW. The same counts for you too! 

Where I'm at is a stepping stone. If I whine and gripe and complain, I'll only succeed in making myself miserable. If I look around at people who are succeeding and I allow myself to get jealous and feel sorry for myself, I'll spiral downward into a hole. Instead, I am going to find the ways that my current situation and job works for me.

I choose positivity. I choose to work hard and do my absolute best. I choose to excel and have a high work ethic and do everything I can to be the best I can. I will do what I can with where I'm at until I can build myself a stairway to something that suits me better. Be it personal training, enlisting in the military, or interior design.... whatever it is that I'm destined to do is out there waiting for me and I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

You must do the same. If you want to do better and be better, then you need to just do your best every single day and keep working hard. No one ever met their goals by moping and feeling sorry for themselves. We only get to where we want to be by putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward.

Ok, so enough of the pep talk. Go out, do your thang, and do it well. Give this day everything you've got!!!! Don't half-ass any of it! Even if you're tired out, even if you're grumpy, even if this is the most monday-ish monday EVER. Go out and kill it. This day is one day you will NEVER get back, so what are you going to do today to bring you one little step closer?



No comments:

Post a Comment