Wednesday, June 8, 2016

More than just exercise

In order to truly live a fit lifestyle you have to find ways to love it. For one thing, you workout won't really matter that much if you are completely sedentary the rest of the day. If you want to burn calories you need to get moving. You need to walk more, or hike, run, bike, rollerblade, shoot hoops, play a sport, ANYTHING.... there are so many options but you need to find one and get moving.

I'm not an expert. I'm not a health professional. However, I can tell you from persona experience that just doing enough to get by will never really be enough. For one thing, you'll probably get bored. For another, you just won't burn enough calories doing a half hour workout every day.

One of my absolute favorite ways to get moving is to go hiking. I am currently training for a 10 mile hike through high desert. It literally winds up the mountainside for the first entire mile. It goes through a steep canyon. I'm so excited about this hike, it's not even funny. I did the first mile just to get an idea and I was so giddy it was ridiculous. Find THAT. Find something that makes you giddy!

It's not even just about fitness either. Hiking is good for my soul. The fresh air, being surrounded by nature.... it makes my soul happy. It refreshes me. It reminds me that I'm alive.

We weren't born to go to work, pay bills and die.

We were born to LIVE. Are you living? Are you REALLY??? Are you getting out of your comfort zone and experiencing new things? Are you growing? Are you challenging yourself? I personally believe it is the key to ultimate happiness. That point where we just done making excuses and we want to truly experience life and savor every moment.

My challenge to you this week is to get out and find something new to try. Go for a walk. Go for a hike. MOVE your body and do something that makes your soul sing.









The world is so beautiful. Go out and discover it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment