Friday, April 22, 2016

Enlisting News!!!!

I am extremely happy to report that I have been approved to go to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) for my physical and for the ASVAB!!!!

This has been a lonnnnnng wait, between applying for Officer Training School and now enlisting.... it has been nearly two years of "Hurry up and wait".  I have put in a lot of hard work and exercised a lot of patience in order to get to this point in my journey. It's not a done deal yet, I still have to pass the physical. I'm not necessarily looking forward to it (who does??? lol) but I'm looking forward to being a step closer to enlisting.

One of the things that has made getting to this point possible was losing the weight in order to even be able to go to MEPS. When I first spoke to a recruiter, I weighed 157 pounds (7 pounds over the 150 pound limit for my height). I now weigh 144. I would still like to lose another 4-9 pounds, but I have worked very hard to get to where I'm at.

When I started, I couldn't even do sit-ups at all, and my push-ups were pitiful. Seriously, after having two titan babies, my core was destroyed. Thankfully though, after consistently working hard with doing Insanity Max 30, running and practicing sit-ups and push-ups, I can exceed the minimum standards for the Air Force. (If you're joining the AF or even currently in, check out the "PFA Calculator" app, you plug in your gender, age, etc. and it shows you what your PT score would be. It has been super duper helpful in doing mock PT tests to see where I'm at.

Now I'm just going to keep working hard, eat extremely clean (so I stay under the weight limit) and study hard for my ASVAB so that I can have a good array of jobs to choose from. :)

If you're considering enlisting, feel free to check out my "contact me" section of my blog and reach out to me. I'm no expert, but I have learned a lot and I'd be happy to help you in your journey too!

For fun, here is my favorite AF Jodies video!!


No comments:

Post a Comment